Reiki can help with Anxiety
The practice of Reiki can offer clarity, energy, and happiness and an immense sense of peace and calm. The energy healing practice is an amazing tool to help with your anxiety.
For those of you who are a bit skeptical of Energy Healing practices, I get it. If you have an open mind to healing your self, you should definitely try it once! It will do no harm and you will only benefit from it. My biggest skeptics beg me for Reiki therapy every day! They feel the effects of their pain and stress dissolve away and can’t get enough of it.
How I learned to perform Reiki on myself to deal with anxiety.
Reiki is an energy healing modality intended to help create balance and harmony in the body’s energy fields. The practitioner is able to channel life force energy. This can be transferred to the areas in need with the simple movement of the hands. And the wonderful thing about it is you can learn to be your own practitioner and transfer some of this energy yourself.
In many ways, Reiki is like an active meditation. You are consciously connecting and releasing that which no longer serves you in order to allow the body, mind, and spirit to receive the energy it needs for balance. If you can imagine and remember that we are all made up of energy (Science says so ~Einstein!), then you can begin to believe that you hold the ability shift your energy any time. Stuck energy = sickness and disease.
Give this five-minute exercise a try to do so right now:
- Lie down and allow yourself to get comfortable.
- Place your hands behind your head, palms cradling the back of your skull.
- For the next two minutes, allow yourself to breathe deeply and begin to imagine your palms are sending healing energy into the mind to release the energy and thoughts that no longer serve you, and see your mind being filled with peace, light, and calm thoughts. Once you feel your mind soften, place your hands over your heart.
- Allow the same energy of light and healing to come into your heart space. See your heart releasing any heaviness, pain, stress, or undue burden as you slowly emit energy and light from your palms to heal your human heart.
- Gently open your eyes and notice how the mind and body feel together.
If you, your children or someone your know struggles with feelings of anxiety, Reiki may be a new avenue for you both to release them. It doesn’t hurt to explore new avenues for your own well being. Reiki is now recognized in Hospitals and clinics, now that says a lot!
Peace & Light,